This web site and any and all other public and private web sites owned and operated by or on behalf of Starweaver Group, Inc.(“Starweaver”) are referred to herein as “Starweaver Web Site(s).”
BY ACCESSING ANY STARWEAVER WEB SITE(S) YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS ANY STARWEAVER WEB SITE(S).
Unauthorized use of any Starweaver Web Site(s) including but not limited to unauthorized entry into Starweaver’s systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted to a site, is strictly prohibited. VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
COPYRIGHT © STARWEAVER GROUP, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The works of authorship contained in any Starweaver Web Site(s), including but not limited to all design, text, sound recordings and images, are owned, except as otherwise expressly stated, by Starweaver. Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, they may not be copied, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed (for compensation or otherwise), licensed, altered, framed, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Starweaver’s prior written consent, except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act of 1976 (17 U.S.C. § 107), as amended, and then, only with notices of Starweaver’s proprietary rights provided that you may download information and print out hard copies for your personal use, so long as you do not remove any copyright or other notice as may be contained in information, as downloaded.
TRADEMARKS AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Starweaver, Education You Can Bank On, Body of Knowledge, Performance You Can Bank On, and Banking on Relationships are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Starweaver in the US and/or other countries. Other featured words or symbols, used to identify the source of goods and services, may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Starweaver is the beneficiary of other intellectual property, including may copyrights, and a patent pending for a “System and Method for Utilizing Industry Specific Competencies to Maximize Resource Utilization” (https://www.google.com/patents/US20120066017).
USE OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
The information and materials contained in these pages, and the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear, are subject to change. Unauthorized use of Starweaver Web Sites including but not limited to unauthorized entry into Starweaver’s systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted on a site is strictly prohibited.
THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”. STARWEAVER DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESSED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
SUBSCRIPTIONS TO STARWEAVER’S ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL STARWEAVER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE OR USE THEREOF OR INABILITY TO USE BY ANY PARTY, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF STARWEAVER, OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF, ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES.
All information submitted to Starweaver via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of Starweaver and Starweaver shall be free to use, for any purpose, any idea, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information a visitor to this site provides Starweaver through this site. Starweaver shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed by the Starweaver entity having the direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as limiting or reducing Starweaver’s responsibilities and obligations to its clients.
Starweaver Web Site(s) are not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Certain sections or pages on this site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
Use of this site shall be governed by all applicable Federal laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of New York.
COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
The “Starweaver Group Community Code of Conduct” is designed to ensure that all participants in the “Starweaverlive Educational Community” have the best possible experience. We are all here to help each other learn, grow our skillsets and have a good time!
Ensuring we have everyone treated properly, and with respect, we have established this Starweaver Group Community Code of Conduct. The “Code” covers each of our behaviors as members of the Starweaverlive Educational Community , in any online course, live course (whether in person or online), forum, wiki, web site, private correspondence, or public meeting.
As a global learning community, diversity is one of our huge strengths, but it can also lead to communication issues, misunderstandings, conflict and unhappiness. To that end, we have a few ground rules that we ask people (that is YOU) to adhere to so that we work to ensure that the Starweaverlive Educational Community (YOU, again!) continues to be an excellent space in which to learn, communicate, collaborate, and contribute.
The following isn't an exhaustive list of things that you cannot do. But, rather, take it in the spirit in which it's intended — a guide to make it easier to be excellent to each other. We expect it to be followed in spirit as much as in the letter.
- Be considerate.Your work will be used by other people, and you in turn will depend on the work of others. Any decision you take will affect users and colleagues, and you should take those consequences into account when making decisions.
- Be patient.This mostly applies to online courses, forums, mailing lists, and all of your communications. Online courses, and communities, are often built on the contributions of many participants and organizers. It is possible that your comments, questions or feedback might not receive an immediate response from one or more instructors, subject matter experts, support professionals or online learning colleagues. Be patient and consider the norms of the online community. A good idea is to give the instructors, subject matter experts, support professionals or online learning colleagues a gentle reminder after a few days that you have posted a question, comment, etc. Many reminder pings in rapid succession are not a good display of patience. Similarly, posting the same question in multiple threads is frowned upon and should not be done.
- Be respectful.Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It's important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one. We expect members of the Starweaverlive Educational Community to be respectful when communicating with other community members, as well as with people outside the Starweaverlive Educational Community.
- Be nice.Everyone in the Starweaverlive Educational Community should feel welcome, regardless of their background. Please be courteous, respectful and polite to fellow community members. No offensive comments related to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion; no sexual images, real or implied violence, intimidation, oppression, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcome sexual attention will not be tolerated.
- Communicate effectively.We don't all speak the same language at the same skill level. Clear communication can help to avoid misunderstandings, as can remembering that our interpretations of words can be different depending on our backgrounds. Having context is important. It's better to ask for clarification than to make assumptions. Disagreements, social and technical, are normal, but we expect participants in the project to resolve disagreements constructively — so please avoid flamewars, trolling, personal attacks, and repetitive arguments.
- Harassment of any sort will not be tolerated. It is very, very simple. You know what harassment is, so don’t do it. If you do you will be immediately bounced from the Starweaverlive Educational Community. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact us here: https://starweaver.com/support.
- Ask for help when unsure.Nobody is expected to be perfect in this community. Asking questions early avoids many problems later, so questions are encouraged, though they may be directed to the appropriate forum. Those who are asked should be responsive and helpful. We try to provide live chat support on a timely basis during normal business hours, but no one is perfect. Sometimes our chat team is involved with multiple projects and doesn’t reply right away. If so, feel free to drop us a message at: https://starweaver.com/support.
In addition to this Code of Conduct, all Starweaverlive, Starweaver Group, Inc. and related events and content are governed by other rules, guidelines and principles set forth in this website.
The Starweaver Group Community Code of Conduct is our own Code, but substantial portions are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license. Our Code of Conduct was inspired by and borrows content from Codes of Conduct of others, as well.